A great basic but tasting recipe where kids can help to weigh, measure and mix ingredients, not to mention roll them into balls. Also versatile enough to use as meatballs, rissoles or meatloaf!
- Serves: 6 kids - or family of 4-5
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
250g beef mince
250g pork mince
1 small onion grated
1 small carrot grated
2 tbsp sunfl ower seeds
2 cloves of garlic crushed
½ cup of fresh breadcrumbs
1 beaten egg
1 tbsp of mixed herbs
½ cup of cheese (tasty or parmesan)
• Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
• Shape into golf sized balls (easier to do if you wet hands with cold water)
• Put on to plate and place in fridge for half an hour to let solidify (helps prevent breakage when frying)
• Fry in pan of oil and keep turning until all sides are browned and cooked through – approx. 12-15 mins
- Drop into pasta sauce and serve hot with spaghetti or fettuccine (try our De Luca nests!)
- Try with mashed parsnips and beans and peas with lashings of gravy.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture into muffi n pans top with tomato sauce mixed with a little Worcester sauce and then grated cheese. Cook for 15 mins 180 C – presto mini meatloaves.